Wouldn’t it be great if you didn’t have to agonize over crafting the right marketing language that speaks directly to the people you’d looooove to attract as clients and customers to your business?
Finding the perfect words and phrases to use in marketing what’s so great about working with you and the value you bring to the table can be challenging. But I’ve got a “not so secret” solution to that problem…
There’s no one better to give you that information than the clients you currently love working with. ~ Mindy Altermatt
See… you may think you know what’s great about your products and services, or what it’s like to work with you. But the truth is there’s no one better to give you that information than the clients you currently love working with.
Think back to when you were first starting your business. Chances are you worked with a few “less than ideal” clients or accepted projects that weren’t a good fit in the beginning because cashflow was a priority. Hey… we’ve all been there.
But then it happened… That first client that made you say…
“If I could only clone you!”
You know the one…
- You look forward to their call
- You get excited about helping them reach their goals and can’t help but celebrate with them
- You constantly think about ways to help them because it’s so easy
- You genuinely LIKE them
I’m lucky enough to have a business filled with those types of clients.
So, a while back I sent an email to my current client base asking them to answer 10 questions crafted around their experience working with me.
These are the exact 10 questions I asked:
- When you first reached out to me, what were you struggling with in your business? What did you need the most help with?
- How were you feeling at the time?
- Why did you choose to work with me over another individual or company?
- What was I able to do for you/your business that helped the most?
- Now that we’ve worked together for a while, how has our work relationship evolved? What’s different than in the beginning?
- Why do you choose to continue to work with me?
- Where/how do I make the most impact in your business?
- What would you say to someone who was considering whether or not to hire me?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- If you feel comfortable and confident doing so, please consider giving me an official testimonial that I can use for marketing purposes
Talk about imperfect action!
I didn’t stress over how the questions were worded, but in the moment I was nervous about sending it because I knew how busy everyone was. I was there to serve their needs and make their lives easier, not put another thing on their to-do list.
But they proved me wrong which was wonderful! What I found was that they were more than happy to share their thoughtful responses with me.
- I received language from my ideal clients (in their own words) outlining why they chose me, what they liked about working with me, and the value of the work we did together
- I learned NEW value points… things I hadn’t even considered or thought to be important
- My hard work was validated and I was better able to own the value I was providing
The power in this messaging can be used on your website, landing and sales pages, print material, social media posts, and in your blogs and videos. The possibilities really are endless.
Are you ready to give this a try for your business?
I first provided these questions as bonus material in my e-book “5 Things Small Business Owners Can Do Now To Be Better Marketers”. Which you can download for free when you join my email list to get tips, encouragement, and clarity straight to your inbox!
Don’t want to join the list? No problem. Download the 10 questions immediately here 🙂
Please shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know how this worked for you! I have no doubt your clients are waiting for you to ask them how they feel and look forward to sharing their thoughts and experiences with you!
You got this!
August 2, 2018